I Signed a Non-Compete Agreement and Want to Leave

Did you sign a non-compete agreement with your employer when you started the job and now want to leave the company? You are not alone. Most employees sign non-compete agreements without consulting with an employment attorney. You are bound by the terms of the non-compete agreement, but there are still some options.

First, the non-compete agreement may not be legally valid in your state. Second, you may be able to negotiate with your employer to release you from the non-compete or reduce the terms. Third, the non-compete may contain language that will actually allow you to work for a competitor. Please contact our NJ non-compete lawyers to review your non-compete agreement. We can help advise you on your decision to accept a new job offer. We can also help negotiate with your employer to either release you from the non-compete or change the terms.

Dated: May 24, 2010 – Castronovo & McKinney, LLC – NJ Non-Compete Lawyers