Our Montclair employment lawyers represent employers and employees.
In the state of New Jersey, the main employment law statutes are the Law Against Discrimination, the Conscientious Employee Protection Act and the New Jersey Wage and Hour Regulations. These laws were all put into place to prevent harassment, discrimination, retaliation and to make sure that employees receive their fair wages. Our Montclair employment lawyers can help you protect your rights call us for a free consultation at 973-920-7888 or fill out our free consultation form to get help.
It is important to remember there are time limitations and you should get assistance immediately. This means that you have to stay within the statute limitations period in order to have a claim. For example, claims made under the NJLAD would require that you file within two years of the qualifying event. CEPA would require that you will file within one year of the adverse employment action. The federal laws will differ greatly and also have different statute limitations. Our Montclair employment lawyers can help you file in a timely manner so your rights are not violated.
Our Montclair labor lawyers focus on the following practice areas
• Sexual Harassment
• Workplace Harassment
• Hostile Work Environment
• Discrimination (race, sex, pregnancy, age, religion, disability)
• Unpaid Overtime (wage and hour lawsuits)
• Retaliation and Whistleblower Violations
• Family and Medical Leave Act
• Severance Agreements
• Employment Agreements
• NJ Non-Compete Agreements
• Wrongful Termination
• Family and Divorce
Our labor & employment law firm in Montclair also specializes in corporate employment law
• Litigation of all Employment Claims
• Litigation of all Commercial Claims
• Handling Department of Labor Audits
• Drafting Handbooks, Policies and Corporate Documents
• Training Supervisors and Employees
• Independent Investigation into Alleged Workplace Misconduct
About Montclair, New Jersey
- During the Revolutionary War, First Mountain helped provide lookout points for following the movements of the British to the East.
- The boulder at the corner of Claremont Avenue and Valley Road marks the site of “Washington’s Headquarters” and is one of Montclair’s famous landmarks.
- In 1868 the Township of Montclair was created.
- The Greenwood Lake line was completed in 1873 with five stations in Montclair making commuting to New York City convenient.
- Montclair is bordered by East Orange, Paterson, Bloomfield, Nutley and Clifton.
The following courthouses that we serve for Montclair, New Jersey
About Essex County Vicinage
The Superior Court of New Jersey serves the 22 municipalities of Essex Vicinage and is located in downtown Newark in five separate buildings. The courts serve the 783,969 citizens of Essex County living in 22 municipalities in an area of 127.44 square miles.
50 West Market Street
470 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd.
Newark, NJ 07102
Robert N. Wilentz Court Complex
212 Washington Street
Child Support Enforcement (Probation Division)
Hall of Records 465 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard
Special Civil Part
60 Evergreen Place
East Orange, NJ 07108
Traveling From Montclair, NJ to Castronovo & McKinney, LLC
Castronovo and McKinney, LLC specializes in employment and labor laws with a focus on discrimination, wrongful termination, sexual harassment, labor laws and agreements. To contact our Montclair employment lawyers please call 973-920-7888 or fill out our confidential contact form.